Keeping track of the Tri Sigma experience is so much easier than it used to be. Our archives are a nice mix of physical artifacts and images of Tri Sigmas all over the globe. Your smiling faces make our day. Women in our collegiate and alumnae chapters have the ability to capture almost every moment, and trust us, you do!
We’re always looking for your captured moments, and we love showcasing you.
You may wonder how to get your photos featured on our website, in the Triangle, or even on our Facebook wall. Well, it’s simple.
Some tips on how to make your mark in Tri Sigma’s photo album.
- Forget the sorority squat! PLEASE!!!!!!! We love seeing groups of Sigmas in a variety of locations – but instead of having the entire chapter doing that famous “sorority squat” in a group shot – break up the chapter and shoot groups of two or three Tri Sigmas. Remember this – “SDSS – Sigmas don’t sorority squat.” Darn it, stand up straight, put your hands behind each other and get in a slight curve. Don’t hunch over and put your hands on your knees, because that’s not flattering on anyone. Posing with one row seated and one row standing is more flattering. (Also, we won’t print images with “Sigma fingers.” Sorry.)
- Do something! Action shots are proof that Tri Sigmas don’t just look great, they do great things together. If you are getting your “hands dirty” at a service event, philanthropy project, or campus event – shoot that! Don’t cluster as a group – one great shot of a Tri Sigma in action tells a great story.
- Sigmas with Friends! Don’t feel the need to kick “non-Sigmas” out of the photo. Take pictures with your family, friends, and campus neighbors.
- Capture a moment. Not smiling? Not dressed your best? That’s okay. We know the Tri Sigma moments that mean the most aren’t planned.
- Get up close. Sometimes the focus on one small subject, one project, or one environment can make a photo a really significant one.
- Jump. Laugh. Play. Make yourself smile by capturing a fun moment, and don’t feel the need to stop moving to take a picture. Posed images are never as magical as an action shot!
Some of the best images we have are ones with women who are just being themselves. Showcase the Tri Sigma experience – and when you shoot something spectacular, send it in!
For Triangle submissions – email the image with caption to email@example.com
For Flickr account and/or web submissions – email the image with caption to firstname.lastname@example.org
Now get out there and make a memory!